Sunday, September 20, 2015

S-10 (September 20)

S-10 (September 20)

11 days until Family Day!  Yea!  Soon we get to see Jeremiah again.  The family is sure getting excited.  Hopefully Jeremiah is too.  It's his LAST Sunday as a Recruit.  Next Sunday, he will be a Marine!

Today they go to church then load up a bus and head to Camp Pendleton.  I wonder about the recruits' nerves.  Are they nervous?  Excited?  Do they feel ready?

An admin kind of answers this as she posted a letter that a MoM (Mother of a Marine) wanted to share with others.  Her son had written it a few days before The Crucible:
"It's strange, it feels like I just got here...Lately we're all on edge about next week because of what's coming.  But we're ready, Mom and Dad; we are so ready."

I have reassured Jeremiah many times in letters that he will be ready for that final challenge.  He's got God on his side, and family and friends praying for him.  His name will be in the temple first thing Tuesday morning.  We plan to do the candle thing for him, too, so a candle or light will be burning for him for the 54 hours of The Crucible.

So thrilled that my son is following God's path for him.  In his last letter he said: "I am bound and determined to beat the Crucible, so much to prove I am worthy of becoming a Marine.  I will not allow myself to quit.  I am not a quitter.  I will graduate with Charlie Company and my platoon.  No one can stop me.  I will do it and not fail.  I will keep going.  I will be a warrior that serves God and I will go on a mission for the Church..."  He goes on to say that he's been teaching three others about the church since they seemed interested.  Such an upbeat and positive letter that we received on Thursday!

Now I really hope that he received the package I sent on Wednesday.  It was "tendered to military agent" yesterday, but that doesn't mean Jeremiah got it.  He may not get it until he returns from Camp Pendleton on the 26th.  I guess if he doesn't get it, it will be a nice surprise when he gets back.


No comments:

Post a Comment