Sunday, September 20, 2015

T-54 (September 14)

T-54 (September 14)


It's the last FULL week of training for Jeremiah and his company.  Today some parents started getting phone calls to arrange travel back to San Diego after their 10-day leave.  They also were verifying the recruits had flights/transportation home.  Jeremiah's platoon isn't calling yet, but since he knows where we are staying in California and that we are driving, I doubt I'll get a call.

Final Drill was today.  Jeremiah's team won Initial Drill, but Platoon 1051 won this one according to someone that posted pictures.  Here's a picture that somebody took.  I think it was a DI's wife or something that posted this.  I wish it was able to be a close up!


Supposedly the lead platoons (1049, 1050, and 1051) had final fittings for their uniforms today.  The follow series (1053, 1054, and 1055) have their Combat Fitness Test (CFT) - a requirement for graduation.  I've posted a video of Oscar Company doing the CFT in 2013 on the right side of this blog.

Tomorrow, according to a support group, the recruits will be learning about personal appearance standards when in civilian attire.  I know that admins to support groups are telling parents to be careful what clothing they bring their recruits at graduation.  No jeans with holes and belts are the biggest things parents/spouses are told to bring.  I just hope Jeremiah fits in his clothes still!  Last picture I saw makes me think his shirts might not fit anymore.  He has meat on his bones!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment